Since 2001, Martha has been enthusiastically guiding students toward health and vitality through Yoga, Meditation, Breathwork, Healing, Spiritual Counseling, Color Vibrance, Feminine Embodiment and Sexual Vibrance in New York City and online. She is motivated by a deep desire to support people to feel vibrant in their bodies and lives with the understanding that this ripples out beyond individuals and into the collective. Prior to this, she was a health care attorney and followed her cultural and familial conditioning that lead her to do what she felt she should do. (If that sounds familiar to you, I understand!) In 2000, she was emotionally devastated from a divorce yet committed to seeking truth, love and abundance. She dedicated her time to exploring what genuinely interested her rather succumbing to the programming of trying to be what was valued by others. Although it was unpopular in her social circles at that time, she immersed in yoga practices, books, music, workshops and teachings because they created a sense of true authentic happiness. Yoga practice connected her to her soul, an experience of inner vibrancy independent from externals.. Over the years, her studies expanded into other holistic well-being modalities and the totality of her pursuits form the varied body of work she currently offers today.
Her personal transformations give her students both the permission and confidence to shift to new paradigms they are wanting. In addition to her private work offering yoga, life coaching, color vibration work, breathwork and sexual vibrancy, she had been teaching group yoga classes at Equinox since 2005, was the founder of Central Park Yoga 2006-2013 and her one hour Yoga DVD is used by hundreds of students at home and while traveling. Her sacred book Embrace Your Vibrance: Practices for Vibrancy Activation is a transmission of Shakti and guidebook for expansion and healing. Her Color Vibrance Booklet, Which Season and What Colors are the Essence of You? is a joyful educational booklet that educates readers about their sacred vibrational essence in the context of color. Her experiences of studying and teaching for 25 years, being a parent of a 25 year old, a former health care attorney, and working with clients with injuries allow her to relate with and impact a broad clientele. She offers her work in kindness, generosity and love and is grateful both to all of her teachers and to know the cumulative impact this work has on the world.
She now lives in Asheville, North Carolina and is excited to share her offerings in her home healing studio.
- Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga teaches powerful breath, body and movement unification
- Pilates ignites core musculature and elongation
- Jivamukti Yoga offers spiritual practices, chanting and links teachings to practical life
- Anusara Yoga teaches deep inner and outer body alignment and introduces the concept of opening our hearts
- Iyengar Yoga teaches impeccable precision of body alignment
- Chakra Studies reveal the energy centers of our being and their correlation with physical, mental, emotional and spiritual balance and atunement
- Reiki offers hands on healing and balancing of energy centers
- Heart-Centered Meditations open us to balancing overworking minds and create heart centered presence
- Yamuna Body Rolling and Footwork stimulates bones, opens chains of energy and unlocks stagnation in tissues
- Aromatherapy creates mental and emotional shifts by having a powerful olfactory effect, affecting moods and energy levels
- Divine Feminine Embodiment studies activate feminine power, creativity and aliveness
- Color Vibration Studies harmonizes inner soul essence with our external physicality
- Tantra unlocks and opens sexual nerve pathways and unifies our feminine and masculine selves, creating inner wholeness
- Breathwork can halt the thinking mind and open us to deep level experiential soul connection and mind, body, emotional healing
“I have been taking yoga with Martha for the past ten years! Her presence, knowledge and sense of humor have helped me grow in my practice year after year. She holds the group but is available and aware of each individual in a class. I am inspired by the way she attends trainings and shares her own growth as a teacher. I’m a psychotherapist and I use much of what I learn from Martha in my professional practice.” – Ginger